1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cheap plow for skid steer?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DYNA PLOW, Mar 4, 2003.

1. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

all you meyer plow nuts out there, i have a ? for you.
    found a meyer plow off of a 87 f250 for sale, the guy wants 250.00. is that to much if the plow is in good shape? i would imagine it's a 7'6".
    my plan is fab up a mount for the skid loader and see if that works.
    i know absolutly zip, nadda, zilch about meyer.
    dan

2. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

Do It. It will work well. I made one myself. Works great.

3. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

if the blade is deicent and comes with the angle cylinders and no major rust then it is an "OK" deal.... I'd show up with 2 c notes and hold them out and ask if $200 would work, worst he can say is no;)

~Nate~

4. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

ya i think i will call the dude tomorrow and take a look.
    ya think 200.00 is fair huh? i wasn't shur what it's worth.
    dan

5. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

yea, a 7.5 foot meyer blade goes for $80-400 here, I picked up my C-8 for $125 don't forget to check e-bay you can pick up alot of plow stuff for cheap:D

6. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX Senior Member
    from NJ

Hey , they sell a mount , think i even saw it on ebay that you can just hook your plow up to like it was on your ftruck and hook to the skid stter... Think it was a few hundred bucks.. $200 -$250 is cheaaaaap for a complete plow set up... If its just the blade and a frame and in really good shape then its still sounds cheap.. But the pump like an e 47 is about $800.oo to replace... a frame about 150 to 200, same for the sector, the blade dont know for sure, the pistons are about $70 each... keep in mind if its not in good shape and needs work youll spend like 400 to 500 bucks rebuilding it... I did the st 90 on my F150 and spent about 500 or so , including rebuild ing the pump...

7. PAPS Landscape

PAPS Landscape Member

We made a plow mount simply out of our pallet fork frame (Bobcat). Simply slide off the two forks and weld the plow ears onto the frame at the bottom where the forks would slide (forks will not hit them when you re-attach them). Then you can attach the plow to that. use a chain and wrap it up around the top of the frame and tie in your hydraulics to the outside fittings. its that easy.

8. DYNA PLOW

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

paps, thats pretty much what i had in mind too.
    the deal was a bust....turns out the paper made a printing error.
    the guy was selling a 87 f250 and meyer plow for 250.00 was supposed to be 2500.00 but the paper made it sound like the plow was 4 sale 4 250.00.
    any way i am back in the hunt.
    what i'd really like to find is a used snoway cuase they have the pump and electrics mounted on the a frame so all you need to hook up is 12 volt power.
    my skid does not have aux. hyd
    dan

9. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

a friend of mine has a meyer plow we fabbed to attach to his bobcat. We just made it so it hooks right to the bucket (two brackets in bucket floor) the angle is just hooked up to the attachment hydrolics. ill get some pics if i get over to the shop