1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? Explore this quick video tour of updates and enhancements. It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cheap place to buy Back Rack

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TonawandaNY, Oct 18, 2009.

1. TonawandaNY

TonawandaNY Senior Member

2. Seaway25

Seaway25 Senior Member

Those are pretty low prices

3. TonawandaNY

yea. local qoute was from 250 to 320... that is a great savings...

4. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

I should buy one with a tool box bracket if I plan on getting a toom box later on right ?

5. TonawandaNY

If your going to buy it from this place, I would because they are the same cost. Otherwise you will have to pay the piper later on for the tool box mount seperately.

They called me yesterday and told me the back rack for my truck was on back order for 2 weeks. The also offered to substitute the "back rack" for a "pro rack" at the same price.

The pro rack is made by stk and all the "back rack" attachements work with it. It will be here tomorrow.

My kid has a cold so I am not sure I am going to be able to install it tomorrow because we are keeping her home from school. Going to call the doctors office tomorrow. 50% of the student body was absent today.

Before you make fun of a bunch of kids skipping school, I am not talking about highschool kids. I am talking about kids from Kindergarten to 5th grade. Seems a couple youngsters went to school with the flu and now half the school is sick!

{removed a rant} :)

6. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Those are really good prices. I may get one next summer. I just haven't decided if I like the look of the toolbox sitting up so high.

7. TonawandaNY

I put it on today. I still have to get the mount for the light bar. I have a whelen mini edge led. i wish I had gotten the rear facing takedown put in it when I bought it!

I will post some pics once I get it all done.

8. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

I got my "prorack" from these people and love it. nice people and fast shipping. I think I also paid 180 too.

9. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

So the prorack is better than the back rack brand ? I am lost

Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
  10. snowman4

snowman4 Senior Member

Good idea yes.

11. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Same thing diffrent stickers

12. TonawandaNY

If you put the 2 next to each other and took the stickers off you would never know the difference.

Cost wise, the Pro Rack was more expensive for my truck- 225.00 at that site. I ordered the back rack. They called and said it was on back order and offered the pro rack for the cost of the back rack!

I just have to pick up the light bar bracket now.

13. Truck_Stuff

Truck_Stuff Inactive
    from NJ

Its PlowSIte season again. :waving: Hey guys its been awhile and I just logged back in today to see what has been going on and I found this. If anyone needs anything or has any questions just let me know.

14. TonawandaNY

i wish I had that promo code when I bought the rack I would have bought the 16x7 mini light bar accessory at the same time.

15. Truck_Stuff

Truck_Stuff Inactive
    from NJ

If you need anything else give me a call, I'll see what I can do for you.

16. Badgerland WI

Badgerland WI Senior Member

Here's the difference between the two racks (which are identical in design):

Pro Rack: US made - more expensive on the rack cost - cheaper cost on accessory mounts

Back Rack: Canadian made - more expensive accessory mounts.

I just received my Pro Rack as well and am real happy with the fit/finish of it. I'm finishing some custom add-ons and will post pics once done.

17. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

I love my Pro Rack!!

Also I line-Xed mine!

18. Badgerland WI

Badgerland WI Senior Member

Here's my new Pro Rack installed with fabbed light boxes for LED tail lights and new LED 1000 lumen work lights that we're carrying:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm real happy with the quality, but if I were to do it again, I would go with the regular brackets instead of the toolbox brackets because of the additional height it raises the box. And, just like every other Canadian made product I've ever tried to order, the Back-Racks were Back-Ordered! ussmileyflag

And...Kudos to Anthony for great customer service!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2009
  19. TonawandaNY

I love those lights!! I just had pilot driving lights mounted on mine. They are nice because they are small like fog lights, and they have led turn signals built into them.

I will get some pics up soon. I am trying to get all my accounts staked and I need to get my plow deflector mounted, all while dancing between rain drops!

Steve

20. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

I buy mine direct from the manufacturer and save huge $$$-dont tell anyone.