1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cheap LED's on Ebay

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by Lowriderfd44, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Lowriderfd44

Lowriderfd44 Senior Member

I found this store on Ebay. All he sells are amber LED's. Shipping is a little high but the ridiculously cheap prices for the products make up for it. I'm sure they're knock offs, but you can't beat the prices. He says they're new, not refurbs. I ordered the 20" dash/deck stick. I'll let you guys know how it looks in person when i get it. Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up.

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

hmmm i like the lightbar thing seemed cool.
  3. Lowriderfd44

Yeah it does. i asked if it came in other colors but he said he's only selling amber. They seem OK for knock offs
  4. Lowriderfd44

I got the light i ordered from Ebay today. Really fast shipping. Looks good too. Only thing is it's a little heavy, there's no way the three suction cup bracket that comes with it will support it. Gonna look into mouting it with the deck/headliner bracket thats's built into it.

other then that, the light looks good, and it's bright. You can deffinately tell it's a knock off cause i've seen others like it that were way brighter. But, for $50 shipped, it's good enough for my needs and i'm happy.

Here's a video:

5. Lowriderfd44

Here's a video of the light i currently have in my back window, it's a Sho Me slim light.

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

coool stuff
  7. Lowriderfd44

Yeah, they look pretty good. i'll take a video of it at night and behind the tint of my rear window.
  8. AWLCO

AWLCO Member

Good luck with that, they usually die after a few months. Sorry to be so blunt, I hate those people on flea-bay that sell this junk to good people looking for a deal. Unfortunately you get what you pay for.

I hope it works out for you

9. Doom & Gloom

Doom & Gloom Senior Member

Sho-me is actual company with very expensive stuff. If you can get it on EBAY and save yourself some money then do it. I have Sho-me strobes and light bar from ebay and they work great!
  10. AWLCO

AWLCO Member

Yeah Sho-Me makes some quality stuff. I'm actually a Sho-Me dealer. I was referring to the original light posted from eBay.
  11. Lowriderfd44

My sho Me light is great. I bought it a couple of years ago and just never had a chance to install it, finally did and it's realy bright even through my factory tint.

The Ebay light is bright too. But granted, it's a knock off. I knew that when i bought it. I didn't have the money to spend $100 or $200 on a name brand, which in all seriousness, i would much rather have, lol.

I'm not even sure if i'm going to keep this one, it's a little large for my needs so my brother may take it for his work truck.

Like i said, if i get a year out of it, i feel it's money well spent.

I'll post some videos of it when i finally get them loaded up.
  12. Diesel Nick

Diesel Nick Member

lowriderfd44, how do you hook the light bar up, is it through a cig lighter or do you need a control box or switches?
  13. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

let us know how they work out for you
  14. Lowriderfd44

It comes with a cig lighter plug with built in on/off switch on the plug. The pattern selection is located on the bar with a push button. It also has a window bracket with threee suction cups, but they're not really that strong. it also has a built in bracket underneath so you could mount it to a rear deck or headliner.

The light deffinately is a better quality cheap knock off, lol.
  15. Lowriderfd44

will do. :salute:
  16. Lowriderfd44

Here's the lights through my back window. this is through factory tint. It's the light on the bottom.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i26.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid26.photobucket.com/albums/c149/drumrmanFD/rearlightstintnight.flv">
  17. Lowriderfd44

Here it is sitting on the bed cover on my truck. I cycled through some of the flash patterns.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i26.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid26.photobucket.com/albums/c149/drumrmanFD/ebaynight.flv">
  18. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

damn id say thats pretty good for a $50 light setup!
  19. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

If The Cheap Led's Break Or Stop Working You Can Never Find Parts To Fix Them
  20. Lowriderfd44

Everyone seems to be forgetting, they're knock offs. lol. They're not quality, they're not guaranteed, they don't have a manufacturer to call for replacement parts.

For example: i bougth a pair of "oakleys" sun glasses at a flea market. they were $5. Did they look like oakleys? you bet. Did they say oakley? yep. Did everyone i wore them around, theink they were oakleys? damn straight! lol. They lasted about 6 months and they broke. I got my moneys worth, i fooled people, i was happy.

The point of knock offs is to give people who can't afford a whelen slim lighter or code 3 deck blaster for $100 and up price wise. A decent light at a fraction of the cost, so that when it does break, you don't care all that much. You go "oh man!" and buy another one for $50 in a year. And if it's broken, for $50, you don't mind crackin it open and trying to futz with it and fix it yourself. Name brands usually only have limited warranties. so when it breaks, the warranty is usually up, lol. So you end up paying for the replacment part, if they make it, waiting, then trying to fix it yourself or find someone to fix it for you. Most of the time you end up sending it back to the factory. Sometimes, they might not even be able to repair it.

Ok, i'll get down from my soapbox now.