1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cheap LED Flasher

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by flatlander42, Oct 19, 2010.

1. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

2. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

You might like something like this better...???

3. oh8chevy2500

oh8chevy2500 Senior Member

i agree spend the extra $16 for a brand name that comes with a warranty and buy it from a decent site or dealer that has a good customer service department nothing worse then buying a junk piece of equipment and calling somewhere and having them tell you that its not the equipments fault it doesnt work but you installed it wrong and can do nothin for ya..... just saying and the able 2 is a fairly good flasher at a really decent price

4. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

5. flatlander42

Don't laugh at me.....I am no expert, and have not seen the link posted in the response before.

Forget I said anything.

6. flatlander42

How about a few simple led tail lights like it seems to be made for?

And if all of you would read the title you'd think I knew it was a cheap flasher.

7. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

Except for the fact that you'd need one for each taillight, because they're rated so low. So if you want to make 2 of them flash, you need 2 of these silly things at $13.99 each. Or, you buy the one Greco posted, for $2 more, and have better (selectable even!) flash patterns and better reliability. No brainer here bud. :drinkup:

And I take it back, they're not cheap... They're expensive! Since you need one for each light, versus buying a decent flasher that can do multiple lights, you will come out ahead buying a name brand unit.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  8. flatlander42

Thanks for posting the link.:salute:

9. grec-o-face

grec-o-face Senior Member

No problem man. Post some video of your lights when you're done.
    I've never used that particular flasher (but I know many others here have). You'll be much better off with something like that.

I use the NOVA Led Flasher also available from strobesnmore. But, I happened to know they're back-ordered right now - as I'm waiting for one.