1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cheap Fuel...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Whitehead, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Now is the time to think of the "possibles"...

Now what the BEEP is Whitehead talking about this time...

Hear me strong...

Are there anyone on this planet plowing large or small, with bio, veggie, or even doing a great P into the tank after a hard night out...

Is there anyone doing the green thing...

I believe solar is possible, to power the batteries, that drive the profits, threw the roof of what the hell just happened...

So is anyone doing it...
  2. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I smell lots of French fries here ( vegtable oil)
  3. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

uuuhhhmmm what in the he**....
  4. Zach

Zach Senior Member

I know a few people who run biodiesel (WVO) in their Hummers... some stations even sell mixes of diesel and vegi oil (B20=20% vegi-oil, B100=100% biodiesel)

I have heard great things about it, engine performs better, lubricates and smells good! :d

the only problem with runing it in a plow truck is that wen it gets cold out the vegi-oil can sludge up the fuel lines. But they sell vegi-oil conversion kits that start the engine running on diesel, quickly switch to vegi-oil then before you shut it off the system flushes the lines by using diesel fuel for a minute or so.

I havent run vegi-oil but have read a lot on the subject.
  5. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

Me too........a 7.3 superduty, a 2003 and a 2005 Jetta tdi, and a rabbit pickup all on WVO.
    No winter issues, all conversions done by myself.payup