1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cheap Corner Hideaways

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by luke_willy84, Jan 22, 2010.

1. luke_willy84

luke_willy84 Member

I bought some cheap hideaways off ebay about a year ago, and they work just fine. However they don't flash as fast and quite as bright as others that I have seen. My question is can you buy just a controller from a company to put in my truck? My guess is the lights can handle faster flashing and brightness but the controller isn't capable of more. This kit was like $100 off ebay with a remote. Any suggestions would be helpful other than you should've spent the money and bought name brand:)

2. SafetyLighting

SafetyLighting Senior Member

You should've have spent the money and bought name brand!

I'm just kidding buddy. Do your cables have standard strobe ends on them?

Like these:

[​IMG]

3. luke_willy84

luke_willy84 Member

not like that...I'll get a picture of what one looks like here in a couple hours and post it.

4. luke_willy84

luke_willy84 Member

5. SafetyLighting

I wouldn't try to use those parts for anything higher power.

6. luke_willy84

luke_willy84 Member

So what do you suggest? get a new controller and bulbs? if thats the case what kind should I be looking at? not wanting to spend a whole lot, but want something decent.

7. SafetyLighting

8. JJSLandscape

JJSLandscape Member

a whelen hideaway kit will run you $180.00 brand new usually

9. SafetyLighting

Right, for $180 you can get a basic kit with 15' cables and unsealed connectors. If you spend a little more, you can get a kit that will actually work for you.