1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Eronningen, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

Have a 08' Dodge CTD with a Boss 8'2" V with Boss wings. In addition to all I do I have a private road I have done for ten years. About 2 miles long with cul-de-sacs.
    I get a real bad chatter and blade hopping while doing the last pass/edges of the road. Ocassionally this will happen on a long driveway as well. Its obviously when the blade is full angled one way or the other. The road is blacktop and in great shape. What the heck is this from? I have 3 other Hinikers straights and a meyer straight that I do the road with ocassionally too. They've never chattered.
  2. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

I should add that I do the road with the wings on cause I can. These are the best wings ever made.
  3. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Does it chatter when your wings are on or off?
    We have noticed when the BOSS wings are new, they chatter until they get a little wear on the poly edges.
  4. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

To be honest I have not plowed with out the wings on because they are so damn good. But they should be worn in pretty good I would think. It never chatters in a lot. Just on this road and some long driveways when angled and close to the edge of the road.
    I suspect its hopping on the grass or something??
    It wouldn't care but it hops the blade and leaves snow in the hop jumps and looks like shi$.
  5. just plow it

just plow it Senior Member

Since it is your last pass on the road and the deepest snow it could be that your plow is tripping and your cutting edge is biting into the asphalt and making it chatter. maybe try tightening your springs up a little more.