1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chat on here?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RCIPlow, Jan 5, 2002.

1. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

Hey, just a thought. Maybe we could get a chat on or through here sometime when we are all sitting twideling our thumbs.
    Regards,
    Tim McGonigal
    RCI
    Atco, NJ

2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

I kinda like that idea. I sit here sometimes for hours while wifey sleeps just hitting the refresh button waiting for new posts to be made so I can read them. I have got to be the worlds most pathetic person now.:(

3. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Tim - Chuck Smith has a chat room set up on his site (click on Snowplowing Contractors Network to get to it) for Plowsite members, I'll head over there now and stick around for a little bit.

4. RCIPlow

RCIPlow Member

Rob, tried to access it, doesn't open??

5. mtnbkn9

mtnbkn9 Member

Plow Meister, I must be the second sorry person that sits at the computer till all hours of night while my wife is sleeping...she kind of gets mad about it sometimes....but oh well...at leaste I'm not out at bars or such...

6. 75

75 PlowSite.com Addict

Um - RCI, you've got me baffled there.

You do need to have AOL IM to use the chat room, there is a link to download it on Chuck's site right near the chat room link itself.

4 of us are there right now, so I know the room is working! Not sure why there would be a problem accessing it. Sorry I can't be more helpful there. :(

Last edited: Jan 5, 2002
  7. mtnbkn9

mtnbkn9 Member

J. Henderson and I use Yahoo Messenger...it's free and actually pretty good..

8. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

AIM is free also. You don't have to be an AOL user to get it. I have Yahoo, MS Messnger and AIM. They are all about the same I think. I like the MS one a bit better because it tells the others in the status bar when you are typing, so you know a message is coming.

9. mtnbkn9

mtnbkn9 Member

yahoo, does the same thing(telling you when the other person is typing) It works pretty good....I might go ahead and download AIM though..

10. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

Sounds good to me too. Where do I download it at?

11. Rob

Rob PlowSite.com Veteran

www.aol.com. Go down to the "People & Chat"section and you'll see the download Messenger icon. Once you download it, it'll walk you through setting up a screen name etc.

I got it a month or so ago, and it didn't mess up my pc. Thankful for small miracles.

Good luck.

12. mtnbkn9

mtnbkn9 Member

How do you get the ms one? and has anyone been using it?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2002
  13. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy Member

i use MSN messenger. if im not mistaken, you just go to MSNmessenger.com and instructions will be there. its free, and fairly easy to use MSN can also be accessed through hotmail.com i believe.

14. CT18fireman

CT18fireman Banned

Be in the chat room tonight for a while. If anyone wants to say "hi".....

15. BOSS Adam

BOSS Adam Senior Member

Chucks chat room worked fine for me :D