1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

chassis saver paint

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by yukonslt3, Nov 13, 2015.

1. yukonslt3

yukonslt3 Junior Member

i want to know if anyone has used this before i want to do the rocker panels and around the fenders on my blazer thanks
  2. bmc1025

bmc1025 Member

Check to make sure it is uv stable. Rustoleum semi-flat paint has the same look and holds up well.
  3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

I've been using it for years now.Very thick,need to pour in separate container the amount you need to use(I scoop it out with a cup),can't pour unused back into can,once opened you need to pour a little solvent on top so it doesn't harden,it will run if you put on a little thick(2 coats is best),you can spray it with the recommended thinner,it takes a long time to dry,proper surface prep is a must,it should be topcoated or it will fade.If you get it on you it will never come off! When you put top back on can put a piece of food wrap on top,you'll never get lid off,this stuff is like glue.