1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chasing money?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Santo, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Santo

Santo Banned

Is there anyone besides myself keeping their lawyer busy chasing money on the street. I'm checking THEIR (new prospects)background now, what a twist.

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

never had a problem getting paid
    i my other buss. auto repair

we dont accept checks and we dont release the car until its paid in full

3. Santo

Santo Banned

The storms were , as you know relentless .I believe the 2 customers that owe money are trying to weasle out .Our service is second to none and cannot be used as an exuse.They figure it was not worth staying open during or after the storms.Thats business.Ill probably see at the most 40% of that coin , if lucky.
  4. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Small Claims Court is a good option if you have the time to go to a couple of court dates. In Illinois we can collect up to $5K, your laws may vary. I'd shoot for every penny! You earned it.

No lawyer is needed and it is about as simple as some of the court dramas you see on television without the intentional humiliation by the judge as seen on television. My first year a guy tried to weasel out of a $5,000 bill. The judge awarded me the vast majority of what I had billed.

(He did have to assert his great knowledge of deicing :realmad: and said I had overapplied for conditions, but that was a matter of a few hundred dollars he deducted.) I just wonder if I was such a fool to overapply, why in the hell did DOT go out more than I did??? Duh!!! :gunsfiring:
  5. easthavenplower

easthavenplower Senior Member

well what i do is put the snow back your being paid for snow removal if they dont pay the snow goes back lol right from the street:nono: :D :D