1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Chasing a Draw problem with 8610 PP

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Mikeyd, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Mikeyd

Mikeyd Junior Member
    from 46032

Chasing a Draw problem with 810 PP

Hey guys, my dealer and I are scratching our heads on a draw problem. Have a 2013 2500HD Silverado with plow package. When we use the plow up or left to right it really sucks the juice to the point the dashboard starts flaking out.

We have done the following but have not found the issue.....

Replaced the plow with another brand new one for testing
    Added a second battery harness with 4g wiring.
    Added two brand new Optima Yellow tops.
    Wired primary battery post positive to positive /Negative to Negative.
    4g ground wire from engine block to Chassis
    4g ground wire from neg terminal of second battery to engine block.
    Added a 4g positive cable to the factory positive on the alternator.

After all that had the alternator checked by the Chevy dealer with and without a load and the Alternator checks fine.

Any other suggestions we may have missed?

Mike

Last edited: Dec 10, 2014
  2. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

Plow motor nearly fried?

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a truck side ground problem. Is your truck side harness plug a hard mount or do you keep it loose?

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Has the dealer checked the actual draw for all functions?

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, and, has the dealer actually cked the amp output? And I thought I read about a tsb about gms slow to recharge after plow functions. Might be a thought

6. Mikeyd

Mikeyd Junior Member
    from 46032

I do not think so....I say that because the entire plow was replaced with a brand new one which of course includes the motor.

Thanks
    Mike

7. Mikeyd

Mikeyd Junior Member
    from 46032

This has been the area we have been chasing the most. The truck side harness is a braided factory cable going direct from the chassis to the Engine block. It is a hard mount.

Mike

8. Mikeyd

Mikeyd Junior Member
    from 46032

Hi Mark
    No they have not to my knowledge. Rather they had replaced the plow with a brand new one to see if that would cure the problem, thus why we are chasing something in the truck.

9. Mikeyd

Mikeyd Junior Member
    from 46032

Hi Diesles
    Thanks! As stated earlier we actually replaced the entire plow with a new one vs checking the acutal amp on my plow.

Mike

10. Mr.Markus

I bet if you disconnect that hard mount truck side and play with it it'll work better. Probably not grounding properly through it.

11. Mark Oomkes

I think this guy might be onto something for once instead of just being on something. :drinkup:

12. Mr.Markus

I loved how my Blizzard plowed, I hated cursing it out for making me learn stuff about wiring,paint,wearparts,welding,hoserub,badlighting,directlift,wiring,paintwearparts,welding,hoserub,badlighting,directliftwearparts,welding,hoserub,badlighting,directliftwearparts,welding,hoserub,badlighting,directliftwearparts,welding,hoserub,badlighting,MarkOomkesdirectliftwearparts,welding,hoserub,badlighting,directlift,wearparts,welding,hoserub,badlighting,directliftwearparts,welding,hoserub,badlighting,directliftwearparts,welding,hoserub,badlighting,directlift

13. Mikeyd

Mikeyd Junior Member
    from 46032

Not much accomplished today, I have a hunch it's in the ground somewhere.

I'm going to have them flush and fill the resevoir. After that were going to spend some more time troubleshooting the ground(s)

Will keep you posted.

What about the control module? We havent changed that yet.

Mike

14. Mark Oomkes

Something seems wrong with this post, I can't quite put my finger on it. :confused:

15. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Module has nothing to do with it. Did you try adding additional cables to the plow to see if it's the factory cables?
    And what's the volt drop?

16. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

found it......

17. Mark Oomkes

Nope, that's not it.

18. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Did anyone else catch that? I assumed PH1 810 until that statement.

So, just to be absolutely sure, the vehicle side power cable goes directly to the positive and negative terminals of the battery?

PH2 vehicle power cable is easy to hook up. Try a different vehicle power cable and retest. Could be bad connection in the harness.

Does the positive power wire get warm or hot to the touch very quickly?

19. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

There is no module on an 810. The top of the post says 810 pp. It would be real helpfull if we knew if it was PH1 or PH2 wiring. Big difference

20. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Doesn't it have to be a PH2 with the truck being a 2013??