1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

charging system 2004 F250

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by wrugboy, Nov 22, 2006.

1. wrugboy

wrugboy Junior Member

Hooked the plow up this year to check it out and my lights are dimming when lifting the blade. At the terminal I have 14.5 and when I raise the blade I go to 11.5. All grounds check out. Cleaned everything. People are telling me this is just a characteristic of the Ford. I don't remember this from the previous years. Anybody?
  2. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Our 06 seems to do just fine. We have a new Fisher SS V blade and the lights dime ever so slightly but nothing even really noticable. Plowing takes a toll on altenator's maybe its showing signs of wear. Find somewhere were you can test the amps coming off the altenator. What sized alt. do you have, our's is only a 140amp (comes with snow plow prep package, I thought it would be a little bigger :confused: )
  3. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

sounds like a crappy FORD battery.