1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Charging issues with 2012 super duty

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by broke down, May 19, 2012.

1. broke down

broke down Junior Member
    from se wi

Hey guys looking at getting a new plow truck.....2012 f250 super duty with 6.2 gasser. My only concern is I have all diesel trucks in my fleet which means heavy duty alts and dual batteries, now this is only a single battery setup and we run light bars, 4 corner strobes motorolla radios heater wiper ect, any one have issues with the charging system keeping up while plowing?
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

So add a another battery,, and cut dwn on the electric drain
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Make sure it has the biggest alt and batt available and forget about it. That or just don't run as many lights. Some rear hideaways and a small led bar on top.
  4. Plowtoy

Plowtoy Senior Member

I have never felt the need to run an additional battery in my gas plow trucks. If you make sure everything is functioning properly, you won't have a problem. I have had in the past an alternator that isn't producing its maximum output, and that wouldn't keep up with my electrical demands, but after replacing the alternator, I had no other problems. Being that its a new truck, I bet you wont have any problems with any of the OE charging system parts, running what you have mentioned above
  5. broke down

broke down Junior Member
    from se wi

You all make great points. I will continue my search and see what happens