1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Charging for snow removal

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by jayram75, Dec 19, 2010.

1. jayram75

jayram75 Junior Member
    from ny

hi guys let me start by saying to all that helped me get my meyer ready thank you alot you are all great!! My question now is one of my customers wants me to come every three inches and i told her if we get a foot of snow ill be there three times and she said ok. Is that fair that i charge her three times or should i round it off? i do this as a hobby and not for a living but im not turning down $ to go three times. What are your thoughts? thanx for reading have a safe and happy holiday!!

2. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

If the customer want a 3 inch trigger, why in the world would you change it to a 4 inch trigger? For every foot of snow you get, you are missing out on 1 plow. If the customer has agreed to that, then yes charge her everytime you are there.

3. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Agreed...............X2

4. jayram75

jayram75 Junior Member
    from ny

Thanx guys

5. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

a good customer I will give a break tho

6. peterng

peterng Senior Member

what he said X2

7. 2002trooper4me

2002trooper4me Junior Member

:rolleyes:
    I think what we have here is a business man with a conscience... A rare specimen I must say!!

I will agree with the others not from experience but, from common sense. If she wants you to come plow every 3" then do just that. If you feel like giving her a break every now and then on the rate so be it. It will not hurt anything other than your bottom line. I am sure the customer will appreciate it and it may lead to added business and great word of mouth advertising!

Good Luck!!

8. peterng

peterng Senior Member

a LOT of really happy people is a good foundatino for starting a business on. Also, it helps if your wife has the real job that pays well.
    Pete

9. Wayne Volz

Wayne Volz Senior Member

don't take this the wrong way

If 3" is the trigger, why discount the service because it is a bigger snow event? So be it. Is that client coming to you in a slow winter and saying you know it really has not snowed much this year, here's some extra cash?

Reality - probably not. Valid point - absolutely. Make it while you can whether you are a full time provider or a weekend plowing service.