1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

charging for plowing/sanding residentials?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by cntryboymc, Sep 7, 2003.

1. cntryboymc

cntryboymc Member

ive been plowing part time for 4 years and ive got a couple questions.i charge per time for plowing.how do you do a contract
    in terms of writing one and getting the customer to agree to it.what are the true factors in pricing a job?ive never salted before but have had requests for it.how do you charge for that and is there a special technique to it?

2. cntryboymc

cntryboymc Member

any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Try a search,or the FAQ page.It has been discussed over and over.Once you understand the basics,then ask if you have any more questions.

4. milkie62

milkie62 Senior Member
    from Troy,NY

I may not be a pro but I feel I have enough time behind the wheel.Have been plowing since 1990 with approx 55-60 drives a year.Well I have always felt I made out better per push than contract on the residentials.I have not advertised since 1990 and I have to turn down people because I am a one man show.I think if you do a good job and dependable the money will always be there.just my 2c's.