1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Charge Per storm Or Per Visit???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Fordsprduty, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Fordsprduty

Fordsprduty Junior Member

I have been plowing for a couple of years now, and just wondering if im charging rite. Im all set with bidding the price per driveway, But my question is, If I have to go to the driveway more then once during a storm do i charge for each time. Or do i just charge per storm??

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

I like seasonal if not Per storm based on accumulation.....this a pricing page off a small drive way contract.

24 Haven rd.jpg

24 Haven rd.jpg

3. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

Repoman - just a bit of constructive criticism - irregardless is not a word...it's regardless.

Just an FYI should you pass those brochures to customers.

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

No worries son, I got your back..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irregardless

5. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Senior Member

don't rely on wikipedia - info is not always correct.

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

I get your point and also questioned it when my neighbor (paralegal) helped me put this all together last year.

Its a word. If its good enough to be used in financial, & legal documents, it's good enough for a simple plow contract if you know what I mean.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/IRREGARDLESS

7. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

From your last link:
    "Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead."

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

It ain't rocket science people; it's plowing. It's still in the English language, and it's still used in legal documents...My mortgage paperwork, my repossession bond, My covenant paperwork for my condo. But I guess TD Banknorth, Wells Fargo, & Travelers indemnity are out of the loop too?.?.?

32.jpg

9. GSullivan

GSullivan Senior Member

Repo Man,I'm very interested in a copy of that contract you posted.Are those prices current?What size driveway or lot?Any info from you would be much appreciated.I plow commercially by the hour but I'm thinking of adding some residential customers for that extra $.Thank you,look forward to hearing from you.

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

PM me your email address.

11. deebo1133

deebo1133 Member

Can we give this a break fellas and talk more about the origional posters question? Thanks to repoman for sharing.

12. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

amen, :drinkup: can't we all just get along

13. RepoMan207

from Maine

:rolleyes: I thought the English lesson was already over. I think we moved onto philosophy and how sarcasm and patronizing gets you a beating every time.

:drinkup: :D

14. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I charge per-push.
    Works great for me

15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If your per plow and you plow twice charge twice. Seasonal ,no limit on snow fall or how many times I go.

16. Fordsprduty

Fordsprduty Junior Member

Thanks Repoman207!!! That helps out a lot.... One more question for you! If you do the Per season one, When do you collect the money? Thanks again!!

17. RepoMan207

from Maine

No problem. I collect at the time of signing. For select people I offer a 90 day payment plan, but ONLY if signing and first initial payment is prior to September 1st, and the total amount is over $3k or more. I haven't had one not paid off prior to snow flying yet.

knock on wood