1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Charge per Lft. sidewalks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FaulknerLwnCare, Jan 30, 2010.

1. FaulknerLwnCare

FaulknerLwnCare Member

What do you charge pr Lft of sidewalk for 1) snowblower
    2) Shoveling
    No ice melter just snow gone
  2. smokin4by

smokin4by Member
    from indiana

your hourly rate for how much time you think it will take you
  3. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Tough to say. What is your scale?

50 feet in front of a residential? Or 5 miles around a neighborhood?

This would change my number drastically.
  4. cycles13

cycles13 Junior Member

Hourly rate for commercial, based on time. Set rate for residential, based on time.
  5. Schuley

Schuley Senior Member

I've heard of guys using a charge per foot as a guide, like .15/ft. It works...somethimes, but as the last guy stated, is it 50' or 5 miles? on some residential lots, say 75' long the charge would be $11.25. I think It can be used as a guide or something, but maybe figure out a better way. running into wider commercial sidewalks will get you into trouble at times. I just figure out what it will take to do it, and price it accordingly, then remember it for the next place you go to, if its the same, then charge the same, if its bigger, charge a bit more, if its less linear feet, well charge a bit less.....The best thing to do to get started is to find out what your area will accept for pricing, then go from there. Good luck:drinkup:
  6. gd8boltman

gd8boltman Senior Member

In our area it's about

.17 - .25 per LF, that seems to be typical, there are multipliers for greater depths, ice etc.

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

It's what ever you want to charge.Everyone wants the plow guy to do the work and doesn't want to pay.Remember when the wind is blowing and it's 7 degrees out make it worth your while.If the customer doesn't like it they can get up at 4;00 am and shovel in the storm....
  8. hoskm01

hoskm01 Senior Member
    from AZ

Faulkner- Just for reference, to show the wide variety of prices you'll get...

If I priced out my ATV by the foot (We don't normally) from a residential lot sidewalk on the small end, to the sidewalks in the same neighborhood, and we do them all at the same time, same machine, same speed, single pass...

For the residential walks, I would get $.0666666 per foot., (6.6 cents). (75 feet long, 4 feet wide, 5 dollars even.)

For the HOA sidewalks, I would get $.0048295 per foot., (about 1/2 of a penny per foot.) (26,400 feet long, 4 feet wide, $85/hr.)

So I make almost 14x more on the resi sidewalks (per foot). But that is not the only thing to be considered when pricing or deciding what to plow, and when. Figure out what is best for your situation.