1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Charge for stakes?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Vaughn Schultz, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

I have never commercially plowed snow before. I have 2 gas stations and one restaurant. do you guys charge a small fee for buying all the stakes (marking edges) for there property. it's for there protection,but then again it's not their problem either ? help me out. Thank You

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I think they are there for your protection as you are going to have to pay for all repairs and damages. If all you need is $50 then put it in the over all price. If you ask for an extra $50 they may think you are going to get them for every little thing.JMO

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I consider markers to be a business expense like water glasses in a restaurant.

4. stakes should be considered one of your expenses. It shouldn't be a fee that is charged to that one customer, but the money should come from the money you make. Just my $0.02 though. :cool:

5. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

I agree, besides it is saving you money by keeping you out of the grass that will need fixin in the spring

6. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

No charge here cost of doing business and covering your butt so you don't do any damage.