1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Charge for Sanding

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by croche1260, Sep 1, 2015.

1. croche1260

croche1260 Junior Member
    from 02131

How would you guys charge for sanding? I have to put in a bid on a lot that is 100,000 square feet. I have plowed before, but I am new to the sanding game. The lot is in the Boston area. Hourly rate? Anyway to charge by the square foot?

Thanks for any help!!
  2. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

Figure out how much salt you apply per acre. Figure out price of salt. Multiply and mark up.
    If you're new to it let me tell you you will use more than you think
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

That's about 2.3 acres. Are you salting, or sanding? If you're salting, I usually put down anywhere from 800-1,000 lbs. per acre. How are you buying it? How much are you paying?
  4. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

" let me tell you you will use more than you think"

i used to think that, before we switched to straight salt from sand, and i use WAY less than i thought. i can do 4 wendys, a 2 acre lot, and a 1 acre lot with 1 load with probly a 1/4 left over. where with sand that would probly take me 2 loads.
  5. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

When I switched from salt/sand to straight salt, I didn't increase pricing for that exact reason.