1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CHanging vibrator switch in controller... How difficult is it?

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by puredreamz, Nov 21, 2011.

1. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

Basically the vibrator switch in my controller is worn out. SO i wanna replace it. It shouldnt be hard.

i just dont wanna break anything... so i pretty much wanna get a heads up with whats involved, like if the controller had to come apart? or if i can just pop it off from the front?

2. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

It is pretty simple, did mine last year. First try and use a putty knife to pop the switch out from the outside and swap the wires. I got that far but the wires were hung up and couldnt pull it out far enough to do it like that. Then you will have to take the controller out of truck lay it on a towel on a desk or bench, remove the screws that hold the cover on, then push the old switch out swap wires to the new one and put it back together. As with all electronics don’t touch the pc board. This is the style I replaced it in.

snowex.jpg

3. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

thanks man its done already popped it out of the front

4. baldplowguy

baldplowguy Junior Member

Switch looks great! Where did you get it? Part number? Mine is getting weird...

5. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

6. baldplowguy

baldplowguy Junior Member

Awesome, thanks I just ordered it. This forum is the best

7. puredreamz

puredreamz Senior Member

help anyway i can