1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changing vehicles

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by charlg, Sep 12, 2007.

1. charlg

charlg Member

I am toying with the idea of getting a bigger vehicle (for towing). The dealer does not want the plow. What can I use if I want to put the plow on a different truck? Is the mount specifically for the Jeep?

2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

The mount will be vehicle specific, but the rest should easily transfer to several other makes and models. I would say you should be able to match that plow up to several compact and mid sized pick ups, you will also have to get different headlamp adapters as well.

3. charlg

charlg Member

Do you think a 7' Home Pro is too small for either a F150 or a 2500? Those are the two vehicles I am considering.

4. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Hi

Yea I think it's going to be a bit short,

F150: 7.5'

Chevy 2500: 7.5' or a 8'

5. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

Application & guids

Curtis applications are not up to date.
    use application guides from fisher, western, meyer to find what is recomended for the vehicle you are concidering then cross reference to your curtis.

30 years ago we used a jeep for our more difficult locations - I mean the ones with short driveways, narrow access, street parking - the places it is allmost impossible to get a full size truck into and even worse to get out of. It would be in and out before the big truck could manuever a turn into the drive.

What's your situation only you can tell.

6. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

For a full size truck the 7 will be to narrow.

I would get at least a 8 footer and if you get the 250 you could get a 9 footer.

A 7 footer will leave you driving in the windrow all of the time as it is not wide enough for the truck

7. charlg

charlg Member

Thanks guys. Ended up trading in the Jeep WITH the plow on it. I went with a 2500 Classic with an 8' Fisher HD........I hope it snow this year!!