1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changing truck brands. Need help!

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Case 445, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Case 445

Case 445 Junior Member
    from Iowa

I have a 95 Chevy that i have mvp ultra mount on and i got a new truck that is a 08 Ford F 250. How much wiring can i use off the Chevy on the Ford? What do i have to get new to make it work?
  2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

depends on the headlight styles most likely your gonna need to get a new harness i would just buy a new one and sell the old one
  3. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

You can use everything except the headlamp harness and possibly the isolation module. You will need a new mount too of course. The relay, battery cables and control cable will all be the same. Don't forget that you have to reconfigure the plow for elevation. V plows are especially sensative to this. If you don't have it set right your cutting edge will wear round. You have to measure the height of the recievers and then look at the table for which of the four configuration options to set it at. There is also a secondary adjustment at the rear of the A-frame. Either a sliding wedge or the bolt holes. This is in addition to the main configuration at the end of the pivot arm / pivot pins.