1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changing Transmissions

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by B&E snowplowing, Mar 8, 2009.

1. B&E snowplowing

B&E snowplowing Senior Member

Good Day All,
    Does anyone know if I can change a tranny from a 4L60E to a 4L80E. I have a 1994 Suburban where the tranny just went.. It has no 2nd and 4th gear. it is a 1500 series. Now I have a 95 GMC 2500 where I JUST had the tranny (4L80E) rebuilt, but the truck is falling apart faster then i can fix it. Since the Suburban is in excellent shape I just wanted to swap the trannys, but not to sure about shift patterens and/or electronics.

Thanks
    Brian

2. B&E snowplowing

Can anyone help with my question.

3. B&E snowplowing

Thank you !!!!

4. ahoron

ahoron Senior Member
    from here

Any time you are very welcome. Yes you can swap tthem out you need new wiring harness reprogram computer, an adapter, maybe a new crossmember. Cheaper to sell the 80 and rebuild the 60