1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

changing the fluid on the unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by snowplowpro, Aug 9, 2011.

1. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

i pretty much think i got this right
    you open the screw on the bottom of the pump and let it pour out then you on screw the hoses and push the plow side to side with the plow on the truckand screw everything back together and fill it up am i right

or if some has an easier way or video let me know thanks.
  2. jsc824

jsc824 Member
    from N.H.

thats right for the most part. Put a 2x4 under the plow, makes life a lot easier. Also I would recommed flushing the system. You can use clean fluid, by putting each angle hose into a jug of clean fluid, and cycle it in and out a few times.

Probable doesnt hurt to remove the motor and clean or replace the filter since you have the fluid already out.
  3. chevyman83

chevyman83 Member

Op is the same way I change mine except I then run the plow through all functions several times after changing the fluid then change the fluid a 2nd time. This is how the dealer stated they did it when I took it to them so I just followed their instructions.
  4. snowman123

snowman123 Senior Member

Western unimount

That seems like it is the right way to change the fluid out of the plow.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  5. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Thank you ill try it