1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changing snow pusher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ColumbiaLand, Aug 15, 2009.

1. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

I'm new to snow pushers, I have a 12' Protech. Does anyone know if the rubber edge, (which I have heard it not great) can be changed to a steel cutting edge?

2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

You can, but it wont trip-which is no good.

3. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

Oh it's good...to watch from a distance and you are the one not operating the machine.

4. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Guess your right.

Reminds me of a sidewalk sub of mine in a bobcat who was doing some detail work around islands after finishing walks. Caught a catchbasin cover while operating his bobcat on its rear tires with the front end in the air. Almost had to bring him to the hospital. :dizzy: LOL. Cost him a front door. Funny thing is he did it again the next storm too and had to replace the glass again.:drinkup:

5. cjm8232

cjm8232 Member

I work for Pro-Tech and people call asking this all the time and when I tell them it's not safe to retrofit a rubber pusher with a steel edge they never believe me. I have heard many stories of people who did not believe me and they ended up getting their front teeth knocked out by the loaders steering wheel, lol!

On a side note we make a line of steel trip edge pushers at our factory, however the parts do not fit on our rubber pushers, since they are produced completely differently. The sideplates, moldboard, shoes, etc. are completely different on our rubber pusher compares to our IST Steel Trip Edge pushers.

6. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

Where is the a dealer in southeast Wisconsin

7. cjm8232

cjm8232 Member

Sorry, I usually sign on from here at home. And I do not sign on much. Call me at 888-787-4766, we are running pre-season pricing till the end of the month and have many units in stock in WI.

8. john m stauffer

john m stauffer Member

If you have some money I think you should go with the Daniels box plow. Its got a steel trip edge and also side that cut through the ice instead of riding over like a ski.
    [​IMG]

9. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

na if i get another pusher it will be an arctic:jester: