1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

changing over to a underhood hydrolic system any suggestions meyers c series

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cjjudy83, Oct 15, 2011.

1. cjjudy83

cjjudy83 Junior Member

I have a 8'6" meyers c series steel plow with a e-60 i was looking to change over to a underhood engine powered hydrolic system and getting rid of the whole electrical thing. I want something thats almost bullet proof. has anyone else here tried this. If so what underhood unit works best my truck and will operate my plow hydrolics have a 1999 F350 superduty 7.3 powerstroke. im really thinking of doing this asap just dont know what systems will work. any help or info will be helpfull. Thanks
  2. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I just read on here recently that Meyer actually made an underhood unit years back.
    If you go with a Fisher type hydraulic unit, you will have to get the pump, probably convert it to a serpentine pulley, then the control valves will have to be mounted somewhere with cables into the cab to move the valves.
    I've heard that a power steering pump can produce enough pressure to run a plow. I'm not sure how you would handle the control valves though.
    Good luck and keep us posted as to what you end up rigging up :mechanic: