1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changing oil...

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by butters, Oct 31, 2005.

1. butters

butters Member

OK, this sounds stupid, but I can't seem to figure out how to drain the plow oil on my 760 LT? Is there a drain plug that I am just not seeing? I did manage to siphon out the oil, but I would think there would be a better way to do this. I know they talk about inspecting and cleaning the filter as well but that looks like you have to remove the plastic resevoir to do this. Is this correct? Any help is appreciated. I am starting my second season with my plow and I want to make sure it is ready to go. Thanks in advance.
  2. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Yes it is removable and the filter or screen is in there.
  3. butters

butters Member

Is there a way to drain the oil with out siphoning it out? And how do you remove the resevoir?
  4. butters

butters Member

Bump for a reply...

I see how the resevoir connects to the block with 4 bolts. Do I remove these to get it off and get to the filter? Is the filter the round mesh thing attached to the plastic pipe inside the resevoir or is there another one? I t looks pretty clean to me from looking in the hole. I am sure I am making this way harder than it is, but I don't want to loosen anything pressure related that might cause me problems or take anything apart that I don't necessarily have to. Any help is appreciated.