1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changing Hydro Fluid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NPC2002, Nov 20, 2002.

1. NPC2002

NPC2002 Junior Member

I am changing my fluids on my Boss V, I went to my dealer to get some quarts(Boss brand recommened fluid). He wanted $8.00 $$$ a freaking a quart, I told him to get bent. What kind of fluids do you use, aftermarket??:realmad:
  2. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

I have used Dextron 3 ATF in my Western the last 2 years.
    Works for me,
    Mark K
  3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

Hydraulic Fluids

Genuine Boss; Western; and Meyer hydraulic fluids all run up in that price range, You can use any of these manufacturers hydraulic fluids in your plow, as far as aftermarket Buyer's or S.A.M.'s fluid should work just fine.:rolleyes: John

C&D LANDSCAPING Junior Member

The fliud in the boss plows is a low tempature hydraulic oil designed to flow at low tempatures, you can buy simliar fluid at fuel supply depots but the cost is relitivily the same. The couple of extra dollars is worth the protection of the pump, it only holds two liters(quarts) anyways.

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I use meyer oil in my diamond same motor and it runs $6.74 Qt.