1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changing hydro fluid in Ultra and Uni-Mount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by CK82, Nov 30, 2007.

1. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

Hi, I have a new (1 season old) Ultra mount and a (6 or so seasons old) Uni-mount, I need to do a fluid change myself tomorrow morning and was looking for some insight. I have filters for both plows, please explain how you go about this. When threading the hydro hose on the angle ram should I use any type of thread tape to seal if off, things are rusted somewhat and I dont want it to leak. Please help me through the process.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Your best bet is to go to westerns site (link at top of page) and go to the publications library and print out the owners manual for each blade. It will give detailed instructions on what you need to do to do a fluid and filter change. You can use some pipe dope (not tape) on the uni-mount but the ultra will have JIC type fittings so dont go much more than a 1/4 turn past finger tight on the fittings or you will split them and then they will leak.

3. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

Sounds good thank you! I will check out there website