1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

changing hydraulic fluid

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ranger4327, Nov 28, 2007.

1. ranger4327

ranger4327 Member
    from 04747

I have a minute mount plow and it is freezing up on me. I have had it changed at the shop but never done it myself before. Can anyone help me with the steps? How much fluid will it take? it is electric/hydraulic 6'9" plow approximately 5 years old. Also, i never received a manual for the plow when i bought it new. Is there a place online i can get one? thanks for your help.

it is 13 degrees here and the plow froze up on me. Freed up after i blew some heat on it!
  2. ppease

ppease Member
    from Maine

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

you can download a manual for free from the fisher website, just go to your dealer and buy the big jug of hydraulic fluid, what kind and how much you use will depend on what is in now and how crazy you are about changing the fluid (meaning the easy way of just draining the tank or the long way of even getting it out of the pump cylinders.) my plow came with the low temp blue fluid in it, but some have the red, which is just cheep old hydraulic fluid (which works except it gels when cold:realmad:, if you have the red and want to switch to blue you need to drain every-bit of red first)

draining is easy just loosen the vent cap on the top side and take out the plug lower other side. I actually just dropped the pan on mine this year to clean it out good and check on the filter..