1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changing hydraulic fluid in a plow...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mkwl, Sep 12, 2007.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I am going to be buying a Fisher MMII 8'HD plow hopefully this weekend. It is used, 2005 model plow. My question is- how hard is it to change the hydraulic fluid in the plow? Is it something I can do myself before the season, or should I have the dealer do it while they're mounting it to my truck? Also- how hard is it to get to the fluid filter and how often does it need to be cleaned?

2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Bump- anyone?
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

It's not real hard to do. Get on the INTERNET site for the plow manufacturer.They should have a down loadable manual for the plow. With what they will charge you to mount the plow they would change the fluid. But, I have seen installers not even fix bad wire connectors. Do a search using the function on the gray line above. It's been asked many times before I am sure.
  4. m297

m297 Member

Yes this is something you can do on your own. Very simple.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

iTs really not hard to do, the drain plug is on the bottom of the resevoir u need a allen wrench to remove it, but if the dealer is going to install the plow u should hav them change the fluid.:salute:
  6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

1/2" Wrench and 1/4" hex. First take the 1/2" square nut out of the side of the tank. To let air in. Then take the bottom hex bolt out. Takes a whooping 10 mins to change the fluid.