1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changing Fluids

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Lcmains1, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Lcmains1

Lcmains1 Member

In the past i have taken my plows (2 fisher, 1 boss & 1 western) somewhere to get serviced. I think I have time to do it myself this year. What kind of fluid should I refill with? is there one that will work for all of them?

Also, do i just do the fluid in the reservoir or do i need to do the hoses as well?

Thanks in advance

2. icebreaker

icebreaker Member

I have all western and use all western fluid,yes drain all fluid check filter and drain fluid from angle clyinders

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

If none are under warranty use whatever fluid you like but keep them all the same.
    Taking the hoses off and working the angle cylinders to get fluid out, take the hose(s) off the lift cylinder and work the cylinder up and down.
    If your not sure about what "they" did, I'd pull the reservoirs off and clean the filters and magnets and internals.