1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changing fluid

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by blwnsmoke, Nov 11, 2012.

1. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

When you change your fluid, do you disconnect all your lines and drain them all out or just do a drain and fill of the tank?

2. MWSAI

MWSAI Member

When was the last time you did it?
    The proper way is to flush out the cylinders and change what's in the reservoir.

3. blwnsmoke

blwnsmoke Member

The fluid is less then a year old but I just changed out my lift cylinder and greased the fittings so I was planning on changing the fluid before the snow flies just to have fresh fluid in there for the season.

So basically disconnect all lines, drain all fluid out of all the lines, 3 cylinders and tank then fill back up?

My last change was just a drain and fill, never drained out of the cylinders or lines but never had any milky fluid.. all straight blue in the tank.

4. MWSAI

MWSAI Member

Yup basically you got it. Just push the angle cylinders to get them cleaned out. You'll be good to go. Happy plowing!!!