1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changing Fluid on Snoway?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by oldmankent, Dec 23, 2001.

1. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

I'm getting ready to change out the fluid on my new to me snoway. Has anyone gone through the complete drain and cleaning of the pickup screen that is outlined in the owners manual? If so, does anyone have any suggestions that makes the process quicker, or some detail that is not outlined in the instructions? Looking back at old threads it seems that a synthetic ATF would be fine for replacement fluids. What brands do everyone recommend? Oh, one more thing, about how much fluid does the pump hold? I've got down pressure on mine. thanks guys, Nick.

DYNA PLOW Senior Member

changed mine last year on my snoway, i used factory fluid from snoway but Alan will tell you what he uses... i think he uses syn.atf. if memory serves me right it only holds bout a quart an a half.
  3. plowjockey

plowjockey PlowSite.com Sponsor

pepole were talking about using Amsoil synthetic www.amsoil.com a while back.
    If you search Amsoil it may come back up.