1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changing fluid etc in HTS Help

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 07titan, Nov 7, 2013.

1. 07titan

07titan Member

Going to change fluid and whatever needed on the HTS this wkend. Anyone have a list of what to do. Its only used 1 winter. So farely new. But what do I need to clean change etc.? Any pics would be a great help too. Thanks

2. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

Apologize for not answering your question, but if I were you I wouldn't touch anything for a couple of years. On a brand new plow I'd say your are more likely to introduce contaminants than do any good. It's just not very likely that you have water intrusion or the like. Probably will get a lot of disagreement, but my dad has never done anything to his fisher in like 5 years and it was a used plow. One of the perks of brand new has got to be at least a couple of years of no maintenance.

3. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I always change fluid, replace the screen, and change the o rings every year. I'd rather not gamble on whether water got in during the summer. I cannot afford to be down purging contaminated fluid out of everything and spending an hour or two to prevent problems is better than dealing with ice in the hydraulics in the middle of a storm.

Get fluid, a filter, and an o ring kit. If you have time to wait, arctic blue hydro oil is the same as Western but cheaper. I've only found it online so it'll have to be shipped.

Just my two cents..

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Fluid and ck the filter and magnet. Cheap insurance