1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changing equipment, recommendations?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mrwolf, Jan 12, 2014.

1. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

I will try to keep is short. I grew the past couple years. Running a partially resto red f250 and a boss super duty 7.5 . My wife was running her jeep cherokee with an old 7.5 meyer but the mount was so heavy and I wanted dp. I purchased 2 sno way 25d's and a 24d for 2400. Have a shot at another 24 for 1000. I am putting one of these on my 87 toyota pickup. I do 6 hard parking lots (lots of cars!) a couple complexes win some road but mostly drives (about 250 of them), and some resident drives. I was gonna upgrade the f250 to a v blade but I am leaning toward the three trucks with a spare plow and box ends on the plows. The yota could be parked at one of my complexes overnight. I am torn between a super duty v blade feeling. Like a major upgrade over 4 sno ways, but the snow ways all have dp and my 2 smaller vehicles are a major asset with all the drives I do. This way any of my 3 vehicles could take any plow (one of the 25d's is an 8ft) and I have one whole back up vehicle. Thoughts?

Thanks for all the help I have received here. Especially to bashed who will be getting a call for some parts !

2. mrwolf

mrwolf Senior Member

I should mention the only things really holding me back are A: will the sno ways hold up (I understand this is a matter of opinion) andB: parts seem to be getting hard to come by and expensive for my older 24/25 series units. I would like to get 2-3 more seasons (no more) out of these 3-4 plows. After that my level of business dictates at that point I should strongly consider replacing them, because I want my trucks to be interchancheable with all my plows.

Z