1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changing E-60 Fluid

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by xxtrurida75xx, Feb 25, 2007.

1. xxtrurida75xx

xxtrurida75xx Junior Member
    from nj

I have just changed the fluid in me e60 pump and i was just wondering does this system need to be blead or does it just get poured in and ready to go?
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you just did a drain and refill then you wont need to bleed anything, Now if you did a full system flush including the hoses and angle rams then you MAY need to bleed the rams at the hose connections but many times just raising the blade and angling the plow back and forth a few times will usually work any air out of the rams.Be sure to recheck the fluid level after you operate it a few time's. (be sure and push the lift ram all the way down before topping off the fluid)
  3. akgloomis

akgloomis Junior Member

A good method to bleed the system of air is to park with the angle cylinders pointed down hill so that the ports in the cylinders are higher than the front part of the cylinder. Start angling the plow and this will push the air up and out of the pressure relief fitting.
  4. 24hrsparkey

24hrsparkey Junior Member

I cannot believe the drain plug location , unbelivable to have to take the pump off to change the oil. NOT good planning. Does Not make ya want to run out and change the fluids.
    I managed to grind the bejesus off a 1/4 allen wrench and got it to work w/out taking the pump off the black frame. Very much a pain still , but faster/eaisyer
    take care , sparkey
  5. jlb2500hd

jlb2500hd Member
    from N.Y

All i did to drain the fluid was take out the bottom bolt and swing the pump out, the lift arm will hold the pump, plus the back of the pump rests on the black frame, very easy to do.