1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changing Colors - Strobe Tubes

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by millsaps118, Jan 30, 2009.

1. millsaps118

millsaps118 Senior Member

I run clear tubes in my headlights right now and am thinking about switching to amber. Good idea or bad? I've heard that the color of the tube should stay the same as the color of the lens its mounted in.

2. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

dont get amber strobe bulbs the color fades away to fast if you want amber put the clear strobes behind amber lenses or get amber led hid-a-ways

3. millsaps118

The only amber I have up front are my blinkers and there's not enough room. Are LED's compatible with the AMP style strobe kits?

4. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

i have the amber strobes in my turnsignals of my 2005 f350
    i like the amber since people dont pull over for it lol
    i ran my clears last storm and peiople were pulling over.
    the amber i dont think fades out (i have whelen tubes)

5. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

this is just me but i dont think the amber strobes have a full enough color but if you wanted leds you could et the whelen vertex witch are smaller than a strobe but they fit in to the hole that the strobe was in and you dont need a power pack the vertex has a small inline box and you can sync all of them together

6. millsaps118

I checked those out, seems like the way to go. I wish those came out last year before I bought my kit. I'll definitely be changing next year.

7. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

All I have to do is swap lenses on my Nova system . Im running clear and amber

microthinnew.jpg

8. millsaps118

I thought about doing something like that but didn't think there was enough room to hide those behind the grill. I like keeping my truck looking stock with the aception of wheels/tires.

9. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

rodger that , nice wheels

10. redstroker_2002

redstroker_2002 Member

i have strobesnmore amber in my back up lights in the taillights and they havent faded. i run clear up front

11. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

go with amber most area clear to the front is not legal

12. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

only buy amber from whelen.....dyed glass vs a painted tube....