1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changing blade attack angle?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 20Silverado05, Nov 5, 2009.

1. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

Has anyone done this to their plow . Im gunna trip the blade against a curb or something than drill thru the arrowed holes and put some heavy duty bolts thru each one so the dlade is at a steeper angle.
    [​IMG]

2. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

How much steeper are you going..?
    Sounds kind of crazy, but good luck. ussmileyflag

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes it's been tried many times before, no it doesn't work.

4. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

you wanna change the attack angle of the cutting edge, not the blade correct?:confused:

5. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Looks like your cutting edge is not bolted flat against the cutting bar. Also, raise the a-frame one hole to get a steeper angle.

6. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

wont work...it'll keep tripping all the time

7. Xforce 1

Xforce 1 Senior Member

Talk about beatin' the #%$@ outa ya! lol

8. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

what is your goal for changing the attack angle. why not just put a deflector on it?

9. KrisR

KrisR Member
    from NH

also looks like ur plow is in the middle pin on the plow frame, put it in the bottom pin hole that will change the attack angle a little.

10. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

He wants the cutting to sit different. It is so he doesn't ride up ontop of the snow so to speak when he is plow.

11. cfdeng7

cfdeng7 Senior Member
    from CT

hey silverado i get what ur saying but if B&B said no then i wouldnt do it haha

12. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Are you trying to get it to backdrag better? Maybe look into backdrag blade. This is the only reason I can see for doing what you propose.

13. schutti86

schutti86 Member
    from NH

I second that!! Just adjust that to the bottom pic,in turn rotates the plow forward! :salute:

14. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

subscribed.....

15. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Just sell it and get an X blade if you want a better attack angle!

16. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I've noticed the fisher straight blades have a very shallow attack angle, they almost look as if the blade is tilted back too far. I know that this is their design, but what benefit does it have? Is it so the trip edge doesnt trip as easily?

17. schutti86

schutti86 Member
    from NH

This would also not be an issue if the damn GM trucks didn't sit SO low to begin with!!

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They are adjustable you know. :cool:

19. schutti86

schutti86 Member
    from NH

yes, but not on the cheap if you want to keep your front end long. haha (that is if you are talking about cranking TB and keys)

20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Wives tales.