1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changing a brake light in 03 3500..

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Embalmer, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

Need to replace a brakelight in a 03 3500, but never doing it on a newer vehical before , I want to be sure my method is correct. Is the rear light assembly held on by those 2 star head screws in the tailgate jam?? Reason I ask is I want to know before I go out to buy a star head screw driver ect. :confused:
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

If you are talking about a Chevy or a GMC, yes you remove the two screws inside the tailgate area and the taillight will come out.

Good Luck Mike
  3. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

opps meant to say 03 dodge 3500
  4. DaySpring Services

DaySpring Services PlowSite.com Addict

Yes you take out the 2 torx screws and pop out the tail light. Then there's about 4 phillips screws you take out to get at the bulbs.
  5. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Richard is right. There are 6 screws to get to the bulb. What a pain in the a$$.
  6. Emerscape

Emerscape Member

my 2003 2500 always blew brakelights, i went through 3 one year, i think because it shook alot.. but i digress. if you have a thin flathead you can use that instead of the torx just becarefull not to strip the torx. it is a pain in the ass but not as bad as trying to change the headlights
  7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Don't even get me started on changing headlights on Dodges, especially the Dakota and Durango!:dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy:
  8. Embalmer

Embalmer Senior Member

man what a crappy system that was. what ever happened to the easy take out the light assempy, twist out the light holder and swap?? The bottom screw s*%$ed. Anyway mission accomplished. Thanx for all the info