1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changes to Snowex SP1875?

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by baldplowguy, Feb 6, 2011.

1. baldplowguy

baldplowguy Junior Member

I replaced my recently crunched 1875 with a brand new SP1875 today. The one I negotiated on in the showroom had a new fiberglass or plastic shield above the spinner and chute that was not on my old unit. It also had a few pieces of angle iron onto which this cover/shield bolted.

Although I could have gotten the floor model, I opted for what I was told was the "same thing" but still in the sealed box. He loaded the sealed box into my truck and I drove 3 hours home only to find out it did not have the plate/cover/shield thing. It did come with the updated and presumably better (able to handle higher amps) D6527 controller.

Does anyone know why this was added? Were there any other changes to the unit? I am not sure I need the plate but I am damn sure I don't want to spend 6 hours on the road to get it. Is this the only difference?

Thanks!

PS - I have a ton of good parts off a two year old 1875 that was in excellent condition until my driver backed into a building. almost no rust as it was lightly used and never left with material in it and immediately cleaned well. I guess I'll put em on ebay or give you guys first dibs. let me know if you need something.