1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

changeing hydro line

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BossPlowGuy04, Dec 13, 2009.

1. BossPlowGuy04

BossPlowGuy04 Senior Member
    from novi Mi

hey guys, i have a line on my plow that is about to break. i got the new line but am wondering how do i bleed the system after i put the new line on. Also when i move my plow back and forth it seems to stick on the left side and makes a wineing noice any thoughts?
    thanks
    alex

2. bh115577

bh115577 Senior Member

Change the line out and run the pump. It should work the air out by itself. If it doesn't just loosen the line a little ( 1/4 turn ) and run the circuit untill it works. The noise you hear is likely cavatation in the pump. If it is a new sound that you haven't heard before check all your connections for looseness, could be just air in the system or just a little low on oil.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Simply replace the line and run the plow, it will work any air out on its own as they're not fussy. Be sure to top off the fluid when you're done but fluid loss will be minimal so be careful not to overfill it.

The "whining" you're likely hearing is the pump dead heading against the angle valve, which isn't opening when the command is pressed. Time to go over all the plow side connections under the cover paying special attention to those on the angle coils. As well as cleaning out the bumper plug on both the plow and truck side.