1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changed the tranny filter and adjusted bands, then...

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by shep28, Oct 14, 2012.

1. shep28

shep28 Member

I decided it was time for a fluid swap. I dropped the pan, welded in a drain plug/bolt, changed the filter and changed the temp sensor the other solenoid. Cleaned off the magnet. Magnet was very clean and solenoid screen had no metal particles on it. Used a nice reusable pan gasket from dodge. Adjusted the rear band. Tightened it up and refilled.

Then I realized I forgot to put the magnet back in the pan after I cleaned it off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:realmad:

I ordered a 65lb. strength magnet from northern tool to stick on the side of the pan. Bought a second for the oil pan. Hope it works.

2. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

Drain fluid into a clean bucket put magnets back in, done worrying

3. theholycow

theholycow PlowSite.com Addict

Any thoughts on using hard drive magnets? They're strong enough to injure your fingers if you play with them but their field doesn't go far. The real nice thing about them, though, is that you don't have to wait for them to come in the mail, just disassemble any hard drive somebody's throwing away.

4. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like good solid advice to me.

5. Murphy4570

Murphy4570 Member

Those are rare earth magnets, very very powerful. They'd work just fine.

6. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Wouldn't too powerful of a magnet possibly mess up the.valvebody?

7. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Don't bother dropping the pan... you said there wasn't any metal in it, right ?

Install an inline Magnefine filter and fuggettaboutit.... Cheap insurance.. and you can change the pan / filter next year after the season ends.... with a relaxed pace.

I keep the magnefines in there all year long, and it makes a huge difference with the amount of crud in the pan (almost nothing). Just remember to change them every 6 months or so.

[​IMG]