1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

changed oil in western plow pump..

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by fshymn, Jan 25, 2009.

1. fshymn

fshymn Junior Member

i had contaminated hydraulic oil in my plow pump......just drained it out....hoses....pistons....everything.....Now I put it all back together and filled the reservoir....should i just turn it back on and let the oil fill the hoses, pistons, etc. and then add more oil to the reservoir or am i going to burn something out?.....please advise....thanks:dizzy:

2. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

i'm not sure what the correct method would be but i always just fill up the resevoir then raide the blade, lower the blade, check the resevoir then rsise and angle the blade a couple of times, let it down, let it sit for a few minutes then check it again.

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Angle left and right several times, top off fluid then raise.

4. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

thanks crash, now i know the correct way :) wonder if i'll be able to teach my dad that:confused: lol

5. fshymn

fshymn Junior Member

got it guys.....thanks for the feedback.....all good for the next snow:yow!: