1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changed hydrolic fluid correctly?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Crhservices, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Crhservices

Crhservices Junior Member

is the stock red hydrolic fluid any diffrent then the ez flow blue bydrolic fluid. i drained my res. and simply refilled with ez flow I DID NOT DRAIN THE HOSES. Will some of the old red fluid do any damage if I didnt not drain the complete system? Input will be greatly appreciated. I didnt think it would have any harm since most hydrolic fluid is the same base some just diff colors.

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

first off hwat kind of plow do you have ? speedcaster live hdyro or mm1 live hydro. then there is mm1 electric on head gear and mm2 electric on head gear.

live hydro pumps run off motor take red atf fluid. this is cause or the temps it runs with. under hood heat is warmer than out front in the snow. and the older pumps were made to run atf .

then the newer electric on head gear stuff was made to run low temp flowing blue fluid. it has a much lower temp range than atf. this is cause of the cold/snow/ice on the front of the pump out in the crap.

you will find o.k. performance with blue in a red system but not best. and the same the other way with lots of freeze ups with red in blue system.

and to flush out system you should drain all hoses/rams/pumps housings. and if electric pump pull the pump motor off and drain fluid and check filter to see if its pluged with junk buildup.