1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changed fluid now plow wont move... Air in lines or????

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by leadfooter, Dec 16, 2010.

1. leadfooter

leadfooter Member
    from Midwest

Its snowing here alot today and I just changed fluid on my E47 today from ATF to Meyers Blue.
    Afterwards I got the plow to move to the side once and up once but now it wont move anymore in any direction ... Pump is running.... so do I have some air in it somewhere??? how do I get it out???
    ...Seems I had this problem once before.... Appreciate a quick answer if possible I an pulling my hair out...
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

it's not air. do the valves magnetize for all functions? does the motor run for all functions but down? if not you have a sticky valve.
  3. leadfooter

leadfooter Member
    from Midwest

Motor does run for all functions... but I dont really feel any magnetizm on any???
    Solutions appreciated
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  4. leadfooter

leadfooter Member
    from Midwest

Come to think of it she angled to the left instead of lifting...is that a B valve problem if I recall right??
  5. cubanb343

cubanb343 Senior Member
    from ERIE

probably jarred some dirt or particles loose when you changed the oil. Might be something in the valve or valves
  6. b&b landscapes

b&b landscapes Member

Just for the record Meyer pumps HATE and i mean H A T E ATF fluid....
  7. MosesR

MosesR Junior Member

Can you use regular hydraulic fluid?
  8. leadfooter

leadfooter Member
    from Midwest

I used ATF for alot of years and recently switched to an off brand Blue plow oil ( S.A.M. I think) and have not have it freeze up once yet. I should have done it years ago.