1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

changed fluid etc, everything looked good

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by AUB1, Dec 10, 2008.

1. AUB1

AUB1 Member

First of all I wanted to let a couple Guys know how I did today and ask their opinion..again. Big Dave and the other fella. I didn't know weather to start a new thread or reply to my own old one.....
    Anyway my plow was freezing up and not working in the cold and it's new to me. By the way, it's a mm2 and it would work a little while then the motor would just wine and nothing would work. I changed the fluid...the old stuff looked OK, not milky at all and no visable dirt. The knob at the parts store sold me the wrong filter but honestly the one in it had no dirt in at all. There was nothing on the magnate, no visable gunk on the inside housing of the resovoir. I didn't do a complete flush, but I drained the entire fluid out of the rams and hoses, and filled everything back up. I don't know what to do now...I was hoping to see big chunks of **** in there but that wasn't the case. Now I'm scared the pump is bad but why does it work fine until the temp drops below freezing? Totally confused. I'm going to be scared to go plowing now..........maby somebody has a thought on this dilemma.