1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

changed fluid and no I can angle blade left and right by hand

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by obrut, Dec 8, 2009.

1. obrut

obrut Senior Member
    from IL

So I changed the fluid in my ultra mount plow a month ago, I used the fisher fluid, and tonight when I connected the plow to the truck I noticed that I can move the blade left and right by just pushing on it by hand. I don't remember it doing this before I changed the fluid, and I don't see how I could have messed something up just changing fluid. I removed the fill plug and it is full of fluid, is there anything else I can check?

Tim

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

does it go left and right and up and down?

3. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe lots of air??

Also seem like no pressure

4. gas man

gas man Junior Member

mine did the same. you have air in it still. angle side to side and up and down and recheck the fluid.

5. twinman326

This explain it better. Read from #2 on

oil change.jpg

oil change.jpg

6. twinman326

That is the proper way..

7. gas man

gas man Junior Member

thats how i did mine. im guessing i didnt angle it back and forth enough b4 i refilled the fluid and raised it. works fine now.

8. twinman326

we all learn something

9. FalconSnowman

FalconSnowman Junior Member

Did Anyone answer the question? Is the plow supposed to angle left and right by hand? Is this normal? I Just purchased and had installed a brand new Pro Plus and it is doing the same thing. It actually swings side to side, while driving, depending on if i make a left or right turn. Should I take it back to be checked?

10. twinman326

My thought would be, let say you change the oil and you had a hydraulic jack underneath the plow. Empty the pump, disconnect the lines from the ram, move them left and right to get the fluid out. Clean the screen, and the inside the pump. Now your ready to put new fluid into the pump. You re hook all the hoses to the pump, fill the pump. (hydraulic jack still under the plow). You turn the plow (slowly) to the left, so it fill the right ram. turn the (slowly) plow to the right push the fluid out of the left ram, filling the right ram and removing the air out.. straighten the blade, remove the jack. Check the fluid level, and you see your not at level, add a little more to fluid until it comes out the side hole (fluid is level) . Tighten the plugs, then you go into the cab, move the joy stick and the plow works great, up and down, left and right..

My opinion, yes. If the plow was in the up position, I would say you can move the plow left to right.You won't be able to push the ram down because fluid is what keeping the blade in the up position.

That just my opinion.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009