1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Changed Alternator,,,DIC Light "Battery Not Charging"???

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Chrisxl64, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Replaced my alternator today (07 Classic 2500) and after the new one was in, started the truck and got a message on the DIC that "Battery Not Charging" Meter'd everything, it all checks out fine??? Ever happen to anyone?

2. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Update: Swapped Stock Unit Back in, No warning light. Brought the NAPA Re-man back to them, will further research in the near future.

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats why I wont buy napa starters alternators or fuel pumps or most other electrical components. There either not to good, or I have really bad luck.Advance has a line of brand new starters and alternators tha have been excelent even for china products.

4. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

Orileys has good parts as well. Go to gmparts direct. And get a new one it my take a few days.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Did you get the right alt? There's a few that poss could fit that year

6. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Definitely had the right one, I've read a few other sites a couple people had trouble with re-man units doing the same thing, must be something to do with the regulator not communication to the PCM

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I'm thinking your correct. Just try another one. Were you looking for a bigger alt.? Are u having charging issues?

8. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

No issues just preventative on the stock 145.

9. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I would feel better with a well used oe then a napa rebuilt.