1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Change over module

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Sydenstricker Landscaping, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Why do they suck??? I have replaced 2 now on the passenger side. It is not the wiring as today I took it all out and checked it for bad spots, etc. This time I got one that actually has a warranty. Is there anything preventative I can do to keep this from happening again?? The driver's side is original and no probs with it

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

That sucks tom. well hopefully you will not have to mess with it anymore this season.:nod:

3. Booman70

Booman70 Senior Member

I think you must have got bad ones mine were used when I bought my plow had them 4 or 5 years now no problems

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Same here Tom I bought mine used and mine still work great 5 years later.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Some lasts forever and others seem to die for no reason at all, but the most common module killer is a poor ground connection on the black ground wires (one on each side) in the light harness.

Running high watt bulbs in the truck or plow lights can shorten module life also.

6. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks B&B. As far as I know they are just plain ole lights, no hi-po stuff. I want to put the silverstars in the sabres but dont wanna roast anymore modules. They get expensive and annoying to replace after a while:gunsfiring: Did I mention the nite sabres suck too??? The light discharge is piss poor at best. But I did check the grounds and what not and it all checked out fine. Even tore the harnesses out and checked them for flow and what not. All is well for now. Just gotta wait and see what else breaks next storm:realmad::gunsfiring:

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Actually you can run the Silver Stars in them.. they don't pull any more watts than a standard 55/60 watt head light bulb.

It's when you get into the 80/100's or 100/130's that they burn the modules up from to much current.

And the Silver Stars really help in the Night sabers. :nod: In fact so do most of the good aftermarket bulbs since the stock bulbs in the NS's aren't very good to begin with

8. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

and B&B saves the day again !!!!!

9. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Thanks again B&B. I think when a lil cashola comes in I will pick up a set of the silverstars to put in. The regular bulbs in the sabres suck. At least now I know what my limit is with the module so I dont roast it.

10. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

o wait so ur telling me there is sopposed to be a diffrence between having the plow lights on or off. 3/4 of the time i plow with them off either way its pretty much the same diffrence

11. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Kevin there is a difference. My regular lights are wayyyyy the heck brighter than the sabres ever wish they could be. A few people I know that put the Sylvania Silverstars in the sabres swear by it. They say it is 10x brighter. I always plow with the plow lights on. That is what they are there for

12. KGRlandscapeing

i plow with them on but i barely even notice they r. maybe ill look in to getting a set of bulbs but my truck lights suck just about as bad at night in my truck either u dont drive fast or u do and pray there is nothing infront of u. i have a set of spots i mounted on a hoop i bolt to my plow mount for summer night driving

13. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

Might be cause its on a FORD!!!!

14. KGRlandscapeing

ya know that could be it they figure people who drives fords have better eye sight dont need as much light to see. i mean they bought a ford and not some ugly chevy

15. Clapper&Company

from NE OHIO

yea yea

well for some one who had good eye sight..... u sure didnt see that city plow truck

16. KGRlandscapeing

good eye sight not perriferal vison